Columbia REA members are eligible to participate in a special energy efficiency program being offered in partnership with Efficiency Services Group.
A representative from Efficiency Services Group will be performing home lighting consultations and installing LED bulbs throughout your home at no cost to you. This is a FREE offer with no obligation! There are a limited number of home lighting exchange opportunities available, first-come, first-served, and they will fill quickly!
For more information, or to be added to the list to receive a free lighting consultation, contact the energy efficiency professionals at columbiarea.com/free.
Why Do We Recommend LED Light Bulbs?
- The light-emitting diode (LED) is one of today’s most energy-efficient and rapidly improving lighting technologies.
- Quality LED light bulbs are more durable and offer better light quality than other types of lighting. Various color temperatures (warm to cool) are available.
- Energy Star-rated LEDs use 75% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs and last 25 times longer (sometimes up to 13 years), according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- LEDs can be disposed of much easier than CFLs. Choose Energy Star dimmable LED lights and protect the environment.
- LEDs emit very little heat. In comparison, incandescent bulbs release 90% of their energy as heat, and CFLs release about 80% of their energy as heat.
- Three out of four people surveyed consider dimmable lights important. Dimmable LED bulbs let you create the right mood.
Currently, Columbia REA is offering a free LED installation program for a limited number of residential members. Sign up soon to get on the list on our Free Energy Efficiency Programs page.
If you miss out on this one, we may have other rebate options that work for you on our Rebates page.