Columbia Rural Electric Association (CREA) will partner again with Survey and Ballot Systems (SBS) to provide a hybrid voting option. Every member will still receive a paper ballot in a separate mailing, but you will also be able to vote online from your computer or smartphone.
At the top of your paper ballot will be instructions on how to complete your voting process, whether by mail-in ballot or online through our website. You will be able to vote by whichever method is easiest for you.
If you are a SmartHub user, you can log in to SmartHub on your computer or phone and look next to the “Pay My Bill” button, and you will see a “Vote Now” button. Click on that button and you will be taken to a webpage that is only for you, and you can make your voting choices. If you are not a SmartHub user, you can still vote online by following the Voting Instructions below.
The Voting Instructions you see below will also be included with your mail-in paper ballot. The voting results will only be provided to the Cooperative’s attorney, who acts as the parliamentarian over the election process. The Elections and Credentials committee will still meet to review the results and to verify those results. We will announce the results the night of our Annual Meeting, Thursday, April 21.
All ballots must be received by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, April 20. The paper ballots come with a postage-paid envelope.
- To access the log-in page of the 2022 CREA election, please visit CREA's page on Direct Vote.
- Your Member Number and your Election Passcode are printed at the top of your ballot. Use these numbers to log in.
- Once you are logged in, follow the online voting instructions.
- Online voting begins March 23 and ends at 3 p.m. PDT, April 20, 2022.
- Do not mail your ballot if you plan to vote online.
- If you have problems voting online, please email email@example.com
Voting by SmartHub
- Access your online ballot by logging into your Smarthub account from our website home page or on our SmartHub page
- Enter your email address and SmartHub password, then click the “Vote Now” button.
- Online voting begins March 23, and ends at 3 p.m. PDT, April 20, 2022.
Voting by Mail
- Mark your selections by completely filling in the box next to the candidate of your choice. You may vote for one candidate in each district.
- Sign your name where indicated for ballot to be valid.
- Detach ballot and place in the enclosed return envelope. Mail to:
Survey & Ballot Systems
7653 Anagram Drive,
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Envelopes must be received no later than April 20, 2022. Please allow sufficient time for delivery